- Hi, we’re Makazi Team. We’ve met before over at Makazi Terms. It’s good to meet you again and we’re really glad you’re keen on referring our websites to other people.
- Imagine earning a passive income simply by referring new users to any of our makazi.ne.tz Market sites. When a new user clicks your referral link, signs up for an account and purchases an item via any of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites, you will receive a percentage of that person’s first purchase of an item. If that sounds like something you want to do, read on to find out how it all works.
- The fact that you’re even here reading this means you’ve accepted our makazi.ne.tz Market Terms. These additional terms cover our Affiliate Program and are an extra part of the makazi.ne.tz Market Terms that apply specifically to makazi.ne.tz members who refer new users to any of our makazi.ne.tz Market sites.
- When we say ‘you‘ in these Affiliate Program Terms we are referring to you, the affiliate. All other words defined or explained in the makazi.ne.tz Market Terms have the same meaning here. If there’s any inconsistency between what we say in these Affiliate Program terms and what is in the makazi.ne.tz Market Terms, what we say in these Affiliate Program terms prevail.
- Read on for details about your responsibilities, how it all works and the process of earning a referral income with us.
Becoming an Affiliate
- All members can act as affiliates by following the steps outlined in these terms. Just remember that if you want to actively participate in the Affiliate Program there are few things you’ll need to keep in mind which are explained below.
How it works
- Refer new users to any of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites and you’ll receive a percentage of their first purchase of an item!
- Referral code: Every member automatically has a referral code which is generated using your username. These referral codes are available on the Referral pages.
- Simply paste a link or image button on your site using that code. If a new user clicks your referrer link and proceeds to sign up an account and purchase an item via any of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites, you will receive a percentage of that person’s first purchase of an item.
- Referral program percentage: The earnings you will get for successfully participating in the Affiliate Program are set out on Referral pages.
More details: Here are a few important points about how it works:
- If a person doesn’t allow cookies or clears their cookies then we can’t track them so can’t pay earnings on that person’s activity.
- If a person clicks on your referral link and then later they click on someone else’s, the last one is that counts.
- A user referred via your referral link must not be related to you or your business or company.
- If a person clicks a link, they have 30 days before the cookie expires. If they sign-up and make a purchase within that time, we will pay your Affiliate Program earnings. After 30 days, no Affiliate Program earnings apply.
- Earnings are send to your bank account which you will register in your referral page; earnings are sent in every end of the month.
- If a user has visited one of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites before or has an existing account with us and then clicks a referral link, it doesn’t count.
- Linking to makazi.ne.tz Market from within any of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites or from any domain controlled by makazi.ne.tz in order to gain referrals is not allowed. This includes bouncing links off other domains in order to add a referral.
- Above all, use of the Affiliate Program is subject to a fair use policy which gives makazi.ne.tz the right to review each and every referral.
Take a moment to understand how the referral process works – it’s summarised here!
How do payments of referral income work
These sections explain how earning an income through our Affiliate Program works and important information about payments to your account, and withdrawals and deductions from your account. Take a close look!
- We will pay your Affiliate Program earnings from the Affiliate Program in line with the payment rates into your referral page. In order for us to do this, you authorise us to collect payments for your new user referrals, to credit and to distribute your earnings to you.
- To avoid any confusion, only your earnings from referrals will be payable to you. makazi.ne.tz credits that were converted from monies you deposit as a buyer are not able to be withdrawn or refunded.
- Thresholds: We’ll make payments of your earnings based on certain minimum threshold amounts of Tshs. 25,000/=.
- Earnings payment timing and methods:
- Payments are deposited at the end of each month provided that it is above the minimum amount required; if not meet we will hold it until next cycle.
- You must provide us with the correct details and payment method for receiving your earnings.
- You must bear all expenses incurred by us in paying monies to you.
- Payment errors: We will continue to hold your earnings if we’re not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
- we do not have the correct payment details;
- we can’t contact you using the contact details that you have supplied;
- you are below the minimum amount required; or
- you are asking for payment to be made to a person, or to an institution that we’re prohibited from making payments to at law or where there are limitations in the banking systems;
- Currency conversions: Whenever we make a payment to you as an affiliate, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from Tanzania Shillings into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
- Taxes.You are responsible for paying all fees and taxes associated with your referrals and referral payments we make to you wherever levied. Despite this, if required by law, we may deduct or withhold taxes (including withholding tax) in connection with your being an affiliate. If so, we will give you relevant documentation that’s required by law about the deduction or withholding (like documentation allowing you to access rebates or credits, or to manage your tax affairs).
- Refunds and chargebacks: If a transaction on one of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites directly relating to your Affiliate Program earnings is subject to a refund or chargeback, we can at our discretion, withhold that portion of your Affiliate Program earnings.
Things you should avoid
- You may not refer users by:
- confusing them (or potentially confusing them) about whether your site is operated or endorsed by us (for example, by copying design elements from our site);
- linking from any of the makazi.ne.tz Market sites or from any domain controlled by makazi.ne.tz in order to gain referrals. This includes bouncing links off other domains in order to add a referral;
- any use of makazi.ne.tz brands, trademarks and intellectual property, other than banner and logos makazi.ne.tz makes available for affiliates (see Referral pages).
- purchasing a domain name, search engine keyword or pay-per-click advertisement that use any makazi.ne.tz trademarks or variations and mis-spellings;
- copying item descriptions;
- sending unsolicited email or other messaging that in any way may constitute spam;
- doing anything that would amount to a breach of any laws including, but not limited to, privacy, intellectual property and spam;
- doing anything that might be confusing, misleading or deceptive to users (eg referring from a site that might be confusing to users about whether it is an makazi.ne.tz site);
- doing anything that is directly or indirectly in contravention of these Affiliate Program terms, the makazi.ne.tz Market Terms, or any direction given to you by us; or
- engaging in any conduct that does not meet our standards of ‘fair play’ at our discretion including things like fraud, confusing the new user, or providing a link designed to mislead the customer.
- We reserve the right to decide whether or not your use of the Affiliate Program complies with any applicable laws and/or these Affiliate Program terms or the makazi.ne.tz Market Terms. If we decide that your participation in the Affiliate Program does not comply, we can based on our reasonable discretion withhold your earnings and may disable your account.
- We will make the final decision about whether or not your use of the Affiliate Program is in breach of any applicable laws or these Affiliate Program Terms (acting reasonably, of course).
Go forth and refer!
We’re very glad you’ve made it to the end of this important document. You can head over to the Referral pages where you can generate your referral code.
We wish you all the very best. You can always re-visit these Affiliate Program terms and the makazi.ne.tz Market Terms in future and if you have any questions you can contact us.